Volga Blue is a true classics among the labradorites, with its black background color and intense bright blue iridescence. This stone creates truly elegant interiors, exteriors, bathrooms and countertops. Our company enjoys an exclusive agreement with new quarry of this stone. Today, the Volga Blue that we supply is considered to be the highest quality of its kind in several parameters (details provided further). The framework of our agreement with the quarry gives us the benefit of the first choice in selection of blocks, thus 100% of top quality blocks are nowadays selected by our professional representative in Ukraine. We also have an exclusive right for import, processing and sales of the stone from this quarry on the territory of China. Using modern machinery for processing in China, as well as direct supplies at dealership prices, allow us to offer the highest quality Volga Blue products to the market at extremely competitive prices.
It is the newest labradorite quarry of Ukraine nowadays. Development and opening work at the quarry has been completed only in early 2016. Today, there is a highly professional team working at this quarry with their most up-to-date equipment. The color of the stone mined at this quarry is a true luxury – pure black background and intense, deep blue iridescence. Our company was the first to buy the quarry's first imported block number 82 in May 2016.
Since 2016 till January 2018 we exported from Ukraine to our stock in China around 750m3 of Volga Blue labradrite. Below you will find video from the quarry and one of the blocks selection process, which we captured in November 2017.
The quarry has been developed from the scratch, as mining work had never been performed before in the radius of up to 10 miles around that area. Thus, the problem of cracks is minimal in this material. Vast majority of other labradorite quarries around Ukraine had been severely damaged by mining explosives that had been widely used in mining work since Soviet Union times.
Water absorption, %
0,08 - 0,17
Compressive strength, Mpa
Frost Resistance Grade
no restrictions for usage
indoor or outdoor
Blocks of Volga Blue
Since cooperation beginning in 2016 we select blocks on the quarry in Ukraine on regular basis (almost every month). Below is the video we captured in November 2018 and some pics which represent the blocks quality in general.
Volga Blue granite blocks. Arrival to China. We double check each block of Volga Blue both, in Ukraine and China, to make sure it's the best quality.
Polished Volga Blue granite
...and our showroom in China (Xiamen), where you can always check personally quality of Volga Blue granite strips.
Some more video of Volga Blue granite slabs and strips (our showroom, new processing of Volga Blue etc.)
Our company has been supplying and processing labradorites since 2007. We have cooperated with a good dozen of Ukrainian quarries. Thus, humbleness aside, we can consider ourselves as one of the world's most professional suppliers of Ukrainian labradorite.
Before listing all advantages and disadvantages of our material, we would like to once again dispel the myths that there is only one quarry of Volga Blue in the whole world and that all Ukrainian labradorites are the same Volga Blue from one big quarry. Dozens of quarries with completely different features and textures are scattered around the region at considerably large distance from one another. Our company experienced working with pretty much each and every one of them. Nowadays we cooperate with only two best quarries, and Volga Blue that we are presenting today comes from one of these two.
Features of Volga Blue supplied by Pagoda-Build:
1. Color. About 80% of Ukrainian labradorite blocks aimed for export have very little common with classical Volga Blue. That stone has greenish background, with iridescence dominated in yellowish and green colors. A few years ago we named that stone Volga Classic. Objectively speaking, that stone has a lot of external disadvantages compared to Volga Blue that has a deep black main color with bright blue iridescence. Besides our quarry, there is only one quarry supplying classical Volga Blue nowadays, however, that quarry has serious problems of corrosion, which we will touch in detail later.
2. The guarantee of no rust. Many Ukrainian labradorites (especially the competitor's quarry of Volga) contain large amounts of iron, which after certain amount of time turns rusty due to contact with humidity, especially when the stone is used outdoors. Our Volga Blue contains minimal amounts of iron, thus the problem of rust is eliminated.
3. Better polishing and resin processing. What makes this stone truly beautiful and exceptional is a quality processing, especially polishing and resin application. We use high quality imported bi-component epoxy-based resin which was selected specifically for this stone, and then we polish the stone on automated line. Many other manufacturers, especially those based in Ukraine, do not have neither this knowledge base nor the technological facilities to do this level of processing
4. Minimum of microcracks.
1. If you are interested to get slabs, tiles and other products made of classical high quality Volga Blue at the most competitive prices, you came to the right place, welcome to submit your inquiry by contacting us.
2. If due to any reasons you plan to work with other suppliers of Volga Blue, make sure to refer to the information provided in this article, be cautious, carefully verify the color and other peculiarities of the stone you chose from your supplier.